Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Weather That Can Only Be Seen In Texas

Hello. It's snowing.

I think that phrase, next to "it's just not humid enough" is something you don't regularly hear 'round these parts.

BUT IT'S SNOWING!

I had to run an errand for work today, and as hectic as it was, I couldn't resist sticking my tongue out like a kid to catch a snowflake!

And what a sight to see driving up to pick up Julia and Hayden from the District Extended Day. Each and every kid was outside near the bike racks, running frantically in circles - yes, tongues sticking out - enjoying this white stuff! I know the teachers were loving it, because the kids were literally entertaining themselves.

To think it was 78 degrees yesterday evening, and our house was stifling hot. When I got home I opened both the front and back doors to get some cool air, as the cold front was just starting to come through. Needless to say, I didn't have them open all that long...

And we will be back in the mid seventies by the weekend.

As the post title says - Only In Texas!!!!

1 comment:

The Newton's said...

Isn't snow so cool?!? And to think that Cameron probably will not even remember this...