Friday, November 28, 2008

AAAAANNNNNDDDDD we're off!!!

Nanner Nanner NAAAAANNNER!!!!

Okay, that's out of my system, but COME ON! I have to gloat a LITTLE that I'm at least a tiny bit ahead of the game here... I mean, there are even presents under there! Which means, yes, we ventured out into the dangerous jungle called... BLACK FRIDAY!

But I'll back up some.

Julia is in on the big secret now. You know, the BIG one. Yes, she knows the truth about Santa Claus. It didn't come as much of a shock to her. Last year, I had a suspicion the jig was up when she said, "Mom, can I ask you a question, and do you promise you'll tell me the truth." Of course, my love, I said. Thinking before speaking, she said slowly, "On Christmas Eve, do you and Dad get up after midnight and go to the store, buy gifts for us and pretend they are from Santa Claus?" Heaving a huge sigh of relief, I answered, "Julia, I promise you that on Christmas Eve, me and Dad do NOT get up after midnight and go to the store." She looked skeptical. "Pinky promise!" I said, extending my fourth finger out. Good enough for her. "You got off on a technicality!" laughed my husband.

So he thought it was time to let her in on the big reveal, thinking she should know about it before kids make fun of her in school. So since Hayden was safely across town, we brought her down and told her. I figured she would fall apart (I did!) but she was really cool with it. She's excited to be in on the joke so she can have fun watching her brothers now.

Yesterday we had a great time at my mother's house in the Woodlands for Thanksgiving. I spent a great deal of time squeezing on my nephew, Jackson. Don't tell my mother, but he was more delicious than the turkey! He is such a good baby! He cracked a big grin at me a couple of times, but mostly, he was happy just to lay or sleep with me holding him. We were able to visit with my dad and Kathy, my grandparents and more family. And for those of you who are dying to know, Julia loves pumpkin pie. Go figure.

We got home rather late and got the kids into bed. I don't think I moved all night long, I was so tired. And my good night's sleep was complete since Boo decided he wouldn't come get in bed with me between the hours of 3 and 6AM! So Mike and I woke up at 7AM, looked at each other and said "What the heck. Let's go."

We hit Starbucks first, but then on to Target, the mall, lunch, Sam's, Wal-Mart, and back to Target. Then home, nap with Brandon, wrap presents and put the tree up. And it was truly a team effort. This year Brandon loved putting the ornaments on the tree, and three hours later, he hasn't taken a single one back off!

While we're certainly not finished, we're off to a better start than I thought we would be. I would say we're about 70% there. And the deals, oh my, I love a good deal, and there were LOTS of them!

So as they say, LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!! It's time for Christmas!

BONUS BLOG!

I saw this on another blog and had to do it!


Everything you wanted...and didn't want...to know about Michael!


Where did you meet?
We didn’t officially meet until two months after summer band started in August of 1988 at Sam Rayburn High School. I had to practically stalk him before he approached me and handed me a note in the hallway at school.

How long did you date?
6 years


How long have we been married?
15 years this August. Whoa.


What does he say that surprises you?
Can’t think of anything in particular, although he loves to say things that bug me. He says he does it because he loves me.


What is your favorite feature about him?
His eyes, his smile, and he has nice hands.


What is your favorite quality of his?
He is so patient.


Does he have a nickname for you?
He calls me “Honey”.


What is his favorite color?
Mmmm, green or blue, I think.


What is his favorite sport?
He loves football.


What is his favorite food?
I can’t really say he likes a type of food more than others, because he eats a variety of things… as long as they don’t have onions in them.


Where and when did you first kiss?
HA! I love this question because it’s a source of debate. The first actual kiss was in the foyer of his house with my mother waiting in the car outside, October of 1988. I know because I felt it for days afterward. While he says he remembers that kiss, he insists that our second kiss was our first kiss. We argue about this regularly.


What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?
I suppose aside from the obvious : ) we like to watch our favorite shows together: The Office, The Amazing Race, The Soup, Lost….


Do you have children?
Some of the most gorgeous ever, yes. Julia is 9, Hayden will be 6 next month, and Brandon is 2 ½.


Does he have a hidden talent?
SOOO many! He’s a great cook, landscaper, carpenter, doctor….


How old is he?
34, but a year and a half younger – which he loves to remind me of quite often.


Who said "I love you first?"
Well, probably me. He was so shy, and I’m so…. not shy.


What is his favorite type of music?
Alternative, although he listens to a broad range often.


What do you admire most about him?
He is every woman’s dream as far as a husband, friend and father. He is nuts about his kids.


Do you think he will read this?
He’ll pretend not to, but I know he regularly reads my blog. BUSTED!


Where did you go on your first date?
HA! To Rayburn’s homecoming, which was actually just the football game. We were in band. Little did we know my parents sat right behind his parents and trash talked about Michael the whole time – which they heard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh the early days of the Mike & Lynn saga. The long hair, mullet, and Debbie Gibson hat. Those were the good ole days! I can't believe its been 15 years since the wedding! God I feel old! Imagine how you must feel!! Hehehehe. Much love