Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Election Jitters!

One week! I don't know about any of you guys, but I'm just disgusted at the media. Not that it's been a big secret that they're liberal, but the fact they are not even trying to MASK IT ANYMORE! I'm not sure it is the Democratic candidate himself, rather I tend to think the media is jumping the gun a bit on pronouncing Barak Obama as the expected winner. I mean, what is it with these polls being so different? And more importantly, where are they getting their data???? No one has asked ME who I am voting for, so who is being asked????

Personally, I think there will be a surprising number in the polls come election day. GO MCCAIN/PALIN!!!

Thanks to those of you who asked about Hayden's testing. His teacher doesn't know when we will get results, but I hope it's soon. And I'll post it here. I'm hoping he qualifies, because I think he will do well in the program, however, I'm not holding my breath. My BFF, who is a teacher, told me that it's hard to test Kindergartners, simply because they have a difficult time sitting for the actual test. And those of you who know Hayden will know it's hard for him to sit for ANYTHING. We told him the night before that he was going to take a test, and we wanted him to do well because we wanted to "measure his brain"! He had acted up at school the other day, and as a consequence, he was told to do some extra work for us, including writing sentences ("I will not argue with a grown-up"). I gave him a worksheet with math problems, addition to 15. I noticed on one side of the worksheet it was a little more difficult, for example: 8 + __ = 13. I told him not to bother with those, but as usual, he wasn't listening. He did both sides....perfectly. Every single one of them were right. When I told him he really didn't have to do the harder side of the worksheet, he said "Well, I hate to tell you this, Mom, but I had to use my fingers to count." I assured him it was fine that a five year old Kindergartner had to use fingers to do math, and added, "Mommy still has to use her fingers too!"

Speaking of the election and my kids, this is pretty funny. When Mike and I feel we are doing our very best to raise up good, level-headed, upstanding CONSERVATIVES, they surprise us with their own passion for the "issues". Michael said the buzz among the 5-8 year old "constituates" is that if Obama is elected president, they will have an extra 2 hours of school per day. Needless to say, my children are Pro-McCain! Hey, it's a start....

No comments: