Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Eve

Ahhhh....

Four consecutive days off!!!! EVERYBODY SAY "HAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!"

It is so blissfully quiet at home right now. Could it be my rowdy kindergartner is in The Woodlands with my mother? Why yes! He's getting some quality one-on-one with Nina and Paw Paw tonight before we join them and the rest of the family for Thanksgiving tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to the holiday this year, particularly because it will be the first time I've spent the day with my dad in I don't know how many years. He and my step-mother Kathy are coming to my mother's house. Some say that's weird, but in our case, it's not.

Talk about a minimal week! Mike and I tag teamed this week in regard to care for the two big kids. Since school is closed all week for the Holiday, our alternative was to put them both in Kids R Kids for 3 days. But given that they wanted a full week of tuition, $140 each, well, an alternative was necessary. So I took Monday off, Mike took Tuesday off. Today they drove all over Houston with Michael's dad in his big wrecker! That leaves me working just two days this week.

So a great day tomorrow will start with Julia and I preparing our sweet potato dish, all while watching the Thanksgiving parade on TV. Does anyone besides me and Julia LOVE that parade? It's such a tradition!! They were cracking up the other day at the commercial where big balloon Stewie...and the other one, (that, for some reason has escaped me at the moment...) battle over the balloon Coke bottle, ultimately to end up with Charlie Brown. So cute.

Julia has also informed us that she wants to try pumpkin pie. This I just don't quite understand...? Pumpkin pie is just the most perfect Thanksgiving treat, so undeniably yummy, I can't fathom anyone needing to get their gumption up to try it? I bought a huge one at Sam's today and am secretly hoping that no one else wants any so that I can have as much as I want!

And Friday, the tree will go up. My husband has told me that he thinks he needs to be somewhere.... The punk.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you. May you enjoy your time with your families and give thanks!

No comments: