Saturday, March 7, 2009

I Can Blog About American Idol????

My cousin Dawn has pretty much introduced me to the world of blogging. I'm sad to say that when she visited this past July, it was the first time I had to guts to ask the question "What is a blog" out loud. She explained it to me and warned me that it can be addicting.

For the most part, this is true. It IS addicting, but for those of you (you know who you are, and I LOVE YOU) who actually read my blog and comment to me about how long it's been since my last post, I feel I've let you down. By the time I get home from work, rounded up kids, figured out something of sustenance for dinner (Mike does a lot of that - Bless him!) complete and check homework, and bust up the sibling rivalry that is rampant at my house, I hit the hay as soon as Boo is in bed. So I'm sorry. I'll try to do better.

But back to Dawn. Reading her last post about The Bachelor (which, by the way.... why???? I mean, I know I don't have much room to talk because I really love The Surreal Life, but that show seems to be so devoid of morals! AND there was a CHILD involved this time!!!!!!) it dawned (get it) on me that HEY! I can blog about American Idol!!!!!

I'm relatively new to that format as well, with last season being the first season I ever watched the whole way through. Usually, we always watched the open auditions and cracked up non stop at the people who thought they could sing. But that was it. After that, we'd lost interest. So last year, I just kept watching, and WHAMMO. I'm totally hooked. I didn't really have a favorite, I just loved to see who was going to bomb and who was going to shine. But based on the fact that I just downloaded David Cook's CD to my iPod, it's safe to say that America did pretty good. He sounds very "Daughtry-ish". (Yep, have Daughtry too, and nope, didn't watch his season. Dang it.) I love Carrie and Kelly, too.

SO! THIS YEAR!!!! I'm predicting this guy is gonna run away with it.

One gripe I have though is the producers of AI are driving me nuts with bringing up his back story. Yes, I feel for Danny Gokey losing his wife. Gosh, he's so young. BUT. Don't they think it might be a tad painful to keep hearing about it in the press and on the show? PLUS, I don't want anyone to say he won the competition because of his back story. This guy has an amazing voice. Kinda rough, very soulful. He's cute too, so he could pull off the rock star thing. (I mean, if Clay Aiken is a star.... come on!)

I also like Anoop Dog, Kris Allen (Oh, he's cute), Matt Giraud and Adam Lambert. None of the girls are really rocking my world.

I'm only going to appease Tatiana Del Toro with these five words. Oh My GOD GOOD RIDDANCE!

And let me bring up one more thing here about the producers and back stories. I've already given my opinion on Danny's, and here's my opinion on Scott MacIntyre. Scott should not NOT win because of his blindness (I didn't type "not" twice accidentally, read it again if you're confused), but he shouldn't win BECAUSE of it either. Yes, he is a good singer, but he was not as good as some of the guys who didn't make it. (I'm not talking about Nathaniel either!) I am really going to be ticked off if one of my guys doesn't make it because Scott is still in it. In order for me to cheer for him, he's gonna have to be MUCH better than he is right now. He's got some really stiff competition IMO.....

MAN! That was FUN!!!!!!!! Now I'm REALLY hooked!!!!!

2 comments:

The Newton's said...

WOW! I feel so honored that you mentioned me so much in your blog. Yes, I take credit for you blogging, and I'm glad you do!! (I was about to have to say something about the three weeks its been since your last post!)
And girl...you can blog about anything. Sometimes I find myself during the day day dreaming about my next blog...so much to talk about, so little time!!

Anonymous said...

I have David Cook's music on my iPod and I love it. I love Carrie Underwood too! I am rooting for Adam...