Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring, Facebook and A New Cousin!

Spring has sprung folks. How do I know? Because my husband is as giddy as a kid with Christmas approaching about working in the yard. Last weekend when the weather was so ugly, he was downright grumpy. He stood looking outside, shoulders slumped, hands stuffed deep in his pockets, pouting that he couldn't go outside and work. Late Sunday evening, he could stand it no more. "Hey" he said, with a smile, "You mind if I go plant those variegated gingers?" Knock yourself out, my love.

So out in the misting cold rain he went, happy as he could be.

This weekend he missed his opportunity to buy the lava rock he's been eyeing because the place closes on Sunday. So he decided he will buy all of the mulch and topsoil. I will be a yard widow next weekend, folks.

He has grand plans! This morning, with that Masters determination, he announced, "I WILL win yard of the month DAMMIT!"

I am a Facebook Junkie! I kid you not, I had three different friends request that I join in one day. So I figured, what the heck. I had once tried MySpace and wasn't blown away. Unlike my blog, it seemed really cumbersome to update, and I never fully figured out how to navigate it. But WOW, Facebook is so much easier! And I've found a ton of friends. I'm really enjoying it.

Via Facebook, my cousin's fiancee announced that my other cousin, Dawnie, was in the early stages of labor! Cade Walker was born last night. We are planning to attend Dennis and Erin's wedding in June, so not only do I get to meet my new cousin by marriage, but also squeeze on my new cousin Cade!

1 comment:

The Newton's said...

And Cade can't wait to meet you either!!