Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Idol Watch

Here's my "duh" moment, but does Paula look especially weird tonight? There's something strange going on with her eyes (besides the glitter eye shadow).



Here's my assessment...


  1. Lil Rounds - Eh........ Her blouse was cute! You know the singing was so so when all Paula can talk about is her outfit and make up.
  2. Scott MacIntyre - Started out good. The piano playing was great, but as usual, IT WAS PITCHY, DOG!
  3. Danny Gokey - GO DANNY! Yes, the dancing was dorky, but he made up for it. Loved it!
  4. Michael Sarver - Ummm, divided. There were good moments, but he clanged it on some of the notes. Is it just me or has he lost a little weight?
  5. Jasmine Murray - Solid beginning! Gosh she's cute! I think her nerves got the best of her in the second part of the song, though. The ending was better than the middle.
  6. Kris Allen - There's something "Corey Haim-ish" about him - before he got strung out. I thought he did well, he took the song and put his own spin on it and looked like he was having fun.
  7. Allison Iraheta - She seems so much older than she really is! And MAN does she have a set of lungs! Great control on a hard song to sing. And she got rid of those awful extentions! YAY!
  8. Anoop Desai - "ANOOP DOOOOG!!!" I liked his take on "Beat It" and he looked very confident.
  9. Jorge Nunez - Once he gets rolling he's good, but he started off kinda - eh....... Bummer because I liked him.
  10. Megan Corkrey - I'm glad she finally took the mic off of the stand for a change. But, to borrow a phrase from Simon, it was very karaoke-ish....
  11. Adam Lambert - Questionable song choice - he sounded kind of shrilly! He might have been a little too theatrical tonight. I'm not sure the judges heard what I heard....
  12. Matt Giraud - I liked his performance, but wasn't crazy about the ending. You can tell he's really confident behind the piano.
  13. Alexis Grace - I liked it but she kinda clanked it on some of the notes. She repeated some of the phrases too many times I think.

Seriously, Paula's eyes are freaking me out.....

No comments: