Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Missing my girl...

Julia left yesterday for 12 days, and Mommy's not handling it well...

She's going to spend a couple of days with her Godparents, James and Mandy, and then it's two more fun days with Aunt Chelle. I think Michelle said they're getting manicures, so she'll be all over that! And then Friday, my firstborn will board a plane with Grandma and Grandpa Masters and fly to San Francisco and stay until next Saturday!

She was SO excited, she could barely contain herself. She came to work with me Monday morning until Mandy picked her up at lunchtime. She is so much like my mother sometimes, she just has the easiest time talking to people. Some of my co-workers would come by and talk to her and she would just talk as though they were the best of friends. She really impressed Bernice (my boss) who hadn't really seen her in a while. Bernice said she was "effervescent" and had a quality about her. Bernice said she might be "discovered" in California. I would not be shocked one bit.

So yes, like the big blubbering baby I am when it comes to my kids, I cried when they drove away. It was very quiet last night at our house.

Tomorrow my sweet husband and I are celebrating 14 years of wedded bliss! So far, we're planning to have lunch together. And... I think that's it? Fine with me. I'm fortunate to spend 365 lucky days with the best person I've ever known, so I don't need wine, roses or jewelry to remind me of it.

Not only are we proud of being married 14 years and still fairly nuts about each other, but we're also celebrating our 20th year of togetherness. We met at good old Sam Rayburn high school where I had to stalk him for a couple of months, starting in August of 1988 (summer band!) before he finally got the guts to ask me to homecoming. Good grief, I gave him every signal in the book, I always thought guys looked for and acted upon them. I guess that just means my man is unique. I sure am glad I'm patient.

And for fun, here's Halloween picture of us during one of our high school football games in '89. I just love this picture. Happy Anniversary Honey!! (he's gonna kill me for this...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your girl is having a ball in Danville, swimming every day and playing with Bradley. She and Brooke have their quality time at night in their bedroom chatting and reading books. We have seen so many deer by the house. She got to ride the BART into S.F. Sunday and we went to chinatown and Pier 39.

Anonymous said...

You dated Axl Rose in High School??!!! I didn't know that! You're coolness factor just went WAY up in my book!