Friday, August 15, 2008

Thank goodness it's Friday - I think...

Friday, payday... these are good things unless you're anxious about your firstborn being put in a steel tube and hurtling through the air without you later on in the day.

Julia leaves with her grandparents for San Francisco today. And she's so very excited and not even the least bit homesick yet. She had fun with Uncle James and Aunt Mandy and fun also with Aunt Chelle this week. She played with her friends Kate and Erin and went to Chuck E Cheese and an indoor bounce playground. With Chelle, she had a manicure and a pedicure, baked brownies, watched movies and went to Incredible Pizza.

I miss her. It's so oddly quiet at our house in the evenings, even though we still have 2 and 5 year old boys running around! I will get to see her for a little bit today since Mike's dad is bringing her over to have lunch with us. My mother and a good friend of mine is joining as well. Several people have suggested that I see her off at the airport this evening, but given that I'd be in hysterics, I don't think that's such a good idea. I'll be counting the days until I have all of my chicks in my nest again.

1 comment:

The Newton's said...

I am so glad that you got your comments working!! I love keeping up with you guys on your blog! Way to go Lynnie!!