Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My kids are FUNNY!

I thought I would share a couple of things about my kids that keep me cracking up...


My Son Likes His Name

Dang he's cute, isn't he?

Mike and I spent a lot of time picking out names for our children. From the horror story of my own father thinking "Dodi Debrelle" was a pretty name for me, to my mother saying "whatever" when my dad suggested "Lynn Marie" (...after I was born, mind you...) I really place a value on a good, well-thought out name. After all, it's something that people will form an opinion of without ever seeing a face to go with it.

It's amazing how trendy names are nowadays. You can guess the decade some people were born in based on their name. I always shake my head in amazement at the names people bestow on their kids - don't they realize one day that name will be printed on a business card in an effort to appear professional?

And let's not get started on celebrities. (Although I do kind of like Sunday Rose. Elegant.)

First, we had to make sure that Mike knew of no other "Hayden" who was a jerk. And of course, there was the Star Wars factor... Once those hurdles were cleared, Hayden Scott came to be.

There is another boy in Hayden's class with the same name. (Thank goodness there are no girls named Hayden - that just really cheeses me off! I won't watch Heroes because it bugs me that the girl in the show is named Hayden!!! IT'S NOT A GIRL'S NAME FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!!)

One night at dinner, Hayden said "You know, Mom, you and Hayden A.'s mom did a good job naming us."

Thank you, my son. Dodi Debrelle.... are you kidding?





What Are They Teaching Him?


Friday after work, I was changing clothes in my closet when Brandon walks in. He's made a sport of poking me in the stomach when I change clothes. It's like he KNOWS what he did to my stomach and has to admire his work...

But instead of poking me on Friday, he calmly and clearly said...

"Show me your nuts."

HUH? I was certain I didn't hear him right. "What did you say?"

"Show me your nuts."

Now, often he will say something to me, and just because he doesn't pronounce it correctly doesn't mean he hears it in his head that way. So I will always repeat back what he said according to what I hear, and if I say it back wrong, he'll correct me. Thinking surely, he isn't trying to say "nuts", I said "My nuts?" He nodded. "Where are my nuts?"

He points at my chest.

Now, naturally, his father thinks this is hilarious, but I'm wondering...WHAT THE HELL IS HE LEARNING AT SCHOOL?????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!! Seriously?!! That is AWESOME! I'm with Mike on that one. That is hilarious.