Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Can it be a blog if I don't have a title for it?

That's going to get old, trying to title each blog without sounding stupid!

Well, yesterday I had my foot x-rayed because it's hurting more and more each day. It turns out I do have a fracture at the base of my toe in probably the worst place possible! Not bad enough to actually have a cast or anything, but enough of a pain in the rear nevertheless. So I have a weird brace on my foot that keeps it from flexing when I walk, and I've been told to try and immobilize it as much as possible. Here is a picture of me here at work today with my fashionable new shoe... aren't you jealous?!?


And the stories at work about how it happened keep getting zanier!

Come to think of it, looking at that picture, should I go as Sarah Palin for Halloween this year? I haven't perfected the updo, but I have the bangs!

The other night, Brandon was being rather difficult at bedtime. He was determined not to cooperate and had a rough go before he finally crashed. That's when Mike said, "Go check him out!" He had literally torn his bed apart. He has a crib that converts to a daybed when you take the front rail off. We have a partial rail in place to keep him from rolling out when he sleeps. Well, he had taken the partial rail out, the mattress and bedskirt as well. It looked like a stuffed animal massacre too - with Mickey Mouse and Tigger thrown in separate corners of his room. And there he was, his mattress on the floor, sacked out on top of it. I figured, well, he's asleep, we'll "rebuild" his room in the morning. That came sooner than I wanted.

At 3 am we begin hearing screaming. When I got upstairs, he was no longer on his mattress. He had rolled off onto the floor and managed to wedge himself UNDER his bed, and couldn't get out! Since he had pulled his mattress and bedskirt off, he was underneath the wire frame, holding onto it like jail bars and crying because he couldn't get out. "I wanna go with YOU!!!"

I never thought I'd have to get my two year old out of jail at 3 am, but there's a first time for everything.

No comments: