Thursday, September 18, 2008

Survivor Guilt...

I should be happy to say that things are pretty much back to normal for us, but the words get stuck in my throat!

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm counting my lucky stars that my gorgeous family is safe and sound, and that my house stood up to Ike and said "keep moving, Mister". And that we were less than 24 hours without power.

My opening line only reflects a realization that there are thousands all around us who will not experience normalcy for some time now. It's really sobering to read how people are really suffering right now. My sister, Michelle, for one!

In any case, yes, things are somewhat normal for us. School was cancelled for the remainder of this week, so Julia and Hayden are in The Woodlands with my mother since Mike and I had to go back to work. Brandon's tuition was paid at daycare, so YOUBETCHA he's back at his school this week.

Again, thanks to all who read my blog and leave me comments. I look forward to them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynn, we have never met, but I am Mike's Aunt Carol's daughter Tammy. Mom told me you had a blog so I had to check it out. I am so glad you guys survived the hurricane I have been praying for all of you down there. I cannot get over the family resemblance in your kids. I remember your husband and his siblings as children and they look so similar. I am thinking about creating my own blog, but have not taken the leap as yet. I will check back occasionally. Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys are ok!! We are still without power,like everyone, but otherwise ok. Seabrook and Kemah are just devastated though. It looks like a bob went off down there. Take care of yourselves and hug HEAD for me!!